Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Reflections

What a great trip!  This has been an incredible opportunity to meet the people of Uganda and see people’s lives changed by Christ!  As I reflect on this trip I cannot help but think about how blessed we have been to do this work.  God has been extremely faithful to us on this trip.  He has provided resources, safety, guidance, passion, open hearts, health, and so much more to us.  

Many of you reading this blog have blessed us as well.  Your prayer, support, and encouragement have meant so much to our team as we’ve met challenges through our service.  Thank you for caring so deeply about our time and purpose here!

We have also been humbled, amazed, and inspired by our new Ugandan friends.  Their joy is contagious and they have shown us incredible hospitality every step of our way.

Finally, I know that I have personally been very blessed by Phi Kappa Chi also. Although I graduated nearly ten years ago, I am encouraged to see that Phi Chi continues to build up men who have a passion to serve the Lord.  We are all ‘in process’ in our walk with the Lord, but it is encouraging to see these eight men grow in maturity in Christ through this experience.  

Although we were sad to leave Uganda (and not looking forward to 30 hours of travel), it will be great to share more of our journey with you in person now that we have returned.  Thank you again for your support through this process!

IHS,
Craig Willie
(Phi Kappa Chi, Chi Pledge Class, Spring 1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment